Sunday 15 April 2007

Lonely Sock Seeks Similar For Long Term Partnership

Gosh. I have finally finished knitting a sock. On five tiny tiny needles. The Needles of Evil. Tiny. I need to get over that really. Were it not for the fact that the sock contains lovely lovely colours it would have been abandoned - as in incomplete - a while ago. I mean, a season and a half of Battlestar Galactica is a long time to spend on half a project when I could have easily watched the same whilst eating or knitting something that didn't hurt my fingers quite so much.

As it is the sock is abandoned, in the sense that it will be a long long time before I pick up the Tiny Needles of Doom again. Also I am not really sure I could make a compatible sock, i.e. one with a really bizarre ruched heel (not great at picking up stitches, me) and a slightly mutant foot.
However we all learn from our mistakes, and many a muckle makes a muckle, as Tyra would say. I shall recover my knitting mojo by working through my lovely new book 400 Knitting Stitches and making some lacy swatches. Oooh.

No comments: